PCLG Youth Ministry
We engage students in Christian community, outreach and mission in order to form lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Our weekly gatherings of play, worship and learning focus on building Christian community and individual faith, while major events focus on outreach, service and mission.
We use an approach called biblical storying where we paraphrase bible stories to be read dramatically, then students retell the story immediately in multiple ways (acting it out, charades, group retelling), then we have a discussion as a large group and in small groups to reflect on and try to apply the story to our life and faith.
Both middle school and high school ministries include students whose parents call PCLG their church home and students whose families do not attend worship at PCLG. We welcome all!
Middle School Youth Group
- (Known as “SNiFF” for Sunday Night Fun & Fellowship)
- Meets most Sundays throughout the school year from 5 to 6:30 p.m.!
- Middle School Sunday School meets in the Youth Center on the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Sunday of every month (after Time For Young Disciples).
- View or download our Fall 2016 Calendar here!
Plus Other Fun Activities!
Our middle school students and advisors enjoy getting together for a variety of adventures like backpacking through local trails, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk or simply touring around downtown Los Gatos. Over time, our middle schoolers develop a spirit of camaraderie and trust that plays out over time as they learn to share their faith in words and in action.
High School Youth Group
- Meeting Time: We meet most Sundays from 7:30 to 9:15 p.m.
- Mexico Mission Trip: We take an annual mission trip to Mexico in February to build a house for a family. High School Mexico 2017: February 18-25.
- Love of God (L.O.G.) Retreat: High school students lead two “Love of God” (L.O.G.) retreats each year where students share about God’s love in Jesus Christ with their peers. If you’ve got a high school student who’s never been before, get them to this retreat! It’s a lot of fun! (This is also a requirement for participation in our Mexico Mission trip) Upcoming L.O.G. Dates: December 2-4, 2016 & April 21-23, 2017.
- Worship: On Sunday mornings, youth who attend worship enjoy sitting together in the balcony. Fee free to join us!
PCLG high school seniors and college students wishing to apply for a Franzen Scholarship, click here.